Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Guest Birthday Post #4

October 22 - Guest Blogger: Paige


I was thinking a few weeks ago how I haven’t had the experience of converting someone to the gospel.  I haven’t served a mission, and I’m very uncomfortable bringing up religion (or politics!) to anyone unless they specifically ask.  Then my son got baptized, and I realized I had done it!  I had taught someone the gospel and the result was a baptism. :)  And what a good little convert he is, too--the next night he read his new scriptures for two hours.

One thing I do really enjoy is answering questions and dispelling myths online.  I’m more comfortable writing than talking, and it makes me feel good to set the record straight on a lot of misconceptions people have about the LDS church and its members.  My own testimony is strengthened when defending my beliefs, and I’ve had some really meaningful religious discussions with friends and other people online.  I’m very grateful for the opportunity technology has given this shy girl to share the gospel in a way that I believe really makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment