Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Want a laugh today?

   My back has been giving me fits for the last week or so and it is difficult to keep positive when in pain ( at least for me).  We have been experiencing some glorious "Indian summer" days (not sure that is still politically correct to say?), and so, to lift my spirits,  for our Preparation Day we drove to a city abut 45 minutes from here in search of what we had been told was a restored "old town"  similar to those in Europe.  Unfortunately, from what we could determine, it turned out to be more of a tourist trap, where one pays to enter and see some old buildings.  When we drove past, there were two women about my age, standing out front in costumes from the 1700's.  I could't take a picture because it would have been too obvious.  The funny thing about this was that when we pulled up to ask them a question about the site, they told us it was closed.  Apparently, their job that day was to stand out front, in costume, and tell people it was closed.
    With that outing a bust, we decided to go have lunch.  Since the weather was absolutely gorgeous, we found a restaurant with outside seating and ordered salads.  They were the some of the most beautiful salads I have ever seen.  Here is Paul with his crab salad:
    Now for your entertainment, here is me with mine.  I laugh every time I look at this picture, mostly because the only other response would be to cry:
  In my defense,  I didn't know he was taking the picture.  Paul's comment was, "There is nothing I can do to please her!"   Hope this makes your day better, as you gratefully contemplate that you don't look like this...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Momma P! Jaclyn sent me the link for your blog. It is exciting to read all about your experiences thus far. Hope you start to feel better. Thanks for serving and being a great example.

    ReplyDelete